Showing all 2 results
What is Ativan?
Ativan, with the generic name Lorazepam, is a well-recognized prescription medication in the benzodiazepine class of drugs. It is primarily used to manage and treat anxiety disorders and related conditions. However, one can order Ativan online also for specific other medicinal purposes.
Ativan improves the activity of certain natural chemicals or neurotransmitters called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain, producing a calming and relaxing effect.
Uses of Ativan:
Ativan is prescribed by healthcare professionals to address various medical conditions, including:
- Anxiety Disorders: Ativan is commonly used to relieve symptoms of GAD or generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks, and social anxiety disorder.
- Insomnia: It can treat short-term insomnia and sleep disturbances, as it helps induce sleep and improve sleep quality. One can buy Ativan online also for the management of long-term insomnia.
- Seizures: Ativan can be used as an adjunct treatment to manage certain types of seizures, including status epilepticus, a severe condition characterized by prolonged seizures.
- Sedation: Ativan may be administered in specific medical procedures or surgeries to induce sedation and reduce anxiety.
Warnings & Precautions:
While Ativan can be highly beneficial in treating certain conditions, it is essential to be aware of the following warnings and precautions:
- Dependence and Addiction: Ativan has the potential for physical and psychological dependence, mainly when used for extended periods or at higher doses. It should be taken only as prescribed and under medical supervision.
- Withdrawal: Abruptly stopping Ativan can lead to withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, anxiety, insomnia, and seizures. Tapering off the medication under medical guidance is recommended.
- Respiratory Depression: Ativan can cause respiratory depression, particularly when taken in higher doses or combination with other CNS depressants, including alcohol or opioids. Before you order Ativan online, you must discuss your respiratory condition with the doctor.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Ativan may pose risks to unborn babies and infants during breastfeeding. Consult a healthcare expert before using this high-potential medication if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Elderly and Frail Patients: Older adults and individuals with compromised health may be more sensitive to the sedative effects of Ativan, which can increase the risk of falls and cognitive impairment.
Dosage of Ativan:
The dosage of Ativan varies based on the individual’s medical condition, age, and response to treatment. It is essential to follow the prescribed dosage instructions a healthcare professional provides.
Typically, the starting dose for anxiety disorders ranges from 1 to 2 mg per day, divided into multiple doses. For insomnia, lower doses are often used.
How to Take Ativan (Lorazepam):
Taking Ativan (Lorazepam) correctly ensures its effectiveness and reduces the severity of the side effects. Here are some crucial guidelines on how to take Ativan:
- Follow Doctor’s Instructions: Always take Ativan precisely as your healthcare provider prescribes. Do not adjust the dosage or frequency on your own.
- Dosage Schedule: Ativan is typically taken orally in tablet or liquid form. Your doctor will set your specific dosage and schedule based on factors like your medical condition, age, and response to treatment.
- Dosage Timing: Ativan can be taken with or without food. However, consuming it with meals may help reduce stomach upset, especially if you are prone to gastrointestinal discomfort. You can buy Ativan online to get a free dosage guide and schedule.
- If your doctor prescribes a divided dose, take each dose at the specified times.
- Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water.
- Avoid Alcohol: Alcohol can enhance the sedative effects of Ativan and may lead to dangerous interactions. Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Ativan.
- Tapering Off: If you have been taking Ativan longer, your doctor will likely provide instructions for gradually reducing the dosage before discontinuing the medication. This helps minimize the risk of withdrawal symptoms.
- Missed Dose: If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s close to the time for your next amount, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double amount to make up for a missed one.
- Storage: Store Ativan tablets at room temperature and away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Consult Your Doctor: If you have any questions about how to take Ativan, dosage adjustments, or potential interactions with other similar remedies or medical conditions, consult your healthcare provider.
Remember that Ativan is a prescription medication; a qualified healthcare professional should supervise it. Your healthcare provider will tailor the treatment plan to your needs and monitor your progress. You can also order Ativan online from our pharmacy with all necessary instructions.
Side Effects of Ativan:
Like all medications, Ativan can cause side effects. Common side effects include drowsiness, dizziness, coordination difficulties, and blurred vision. Other possible side effects may include:
- Mental and Mood Changes: Changes in mood, confusion, memory problems, and depression.
- Gastrointestinal Distress: Nausea, vomiting, and changes in appetite.
- Allergic Reactions: Rash, itching, swelling, and difficulty breathing.
- Paradoxical Reactions: Rarely, Ativan can cause excitement, agitation, or aggression.